Call for Artists
Call for Entries: “The Nature of Light” at ArtHaus
Deadline: Monday October 20, 2014
- Jurors: Aliki McCain, Michael Gadlin, and Alisha Price
ArtHaus in Denver's RiNo Art District is requesting submissions for a December 2014 exhibit entitled “The Nature of Light”. Colorado artists are asked to submit original works of art that use light as material or as subject matter. Special consideration will be given to unconventional installations and works that incorporate actual lights or electricity in some way. All entries are to be submitted online at www.arthausdenver.com.
Important deadlines are as follows:
- Submission deadline: Oct 20, 2014
- Notification of acceptance: Oct 25, 2014
- Art Drop Off: Nov 17-18, 2014 10-4pm
- Exhibit Dates: Dec 5, 2014- Dec 31, 2015
- Opening Reception: Friday, Dec 5, 2014 from 6-9pm
- Art Pickup: Jan 5-6 from 10-4p, 2015
McCain obtained her Masters of Fine Art and her Masters in Art History at University of California Irvine. Her artistic approach is to solve visual problems as they occur organically in the painting process. Her commitment to community is evident in her philanthropy, using the space at ArtHaus as the stage for even bigger opportunities and goals.
Gadlin studied art at the prestigious Pratt Institute in New York. In 1999 he was the youngest artist ever to win “Best Of Show” at Denver’s nationally renowned Cherry Creek Arts Festival. He has since exhibited in institutions and museums worldwide and continues to challenge himself in his work.
ArtHaus is a modern flexible gallery space located in the RiNo district at 3343 Larimer Street. Visitors are welcome Monday through Friday 10:00 to 4:00, First Friday’s 6-9 pm and by appointment. For more information go to www.arthausdenver.com.
Call for Entries: Juried Online Art Competition and Exhibit
Sponsored by The Artists Association of Northern Colorado
Entry Deadline: August 31, 2014
- Juror: Mike Beeman PSA, IAPS-MC
The prestigious Artists Association of Northern Colorado (AANC) announces an art call for the Association’s inaugural Online Juried Art Competition and Exhibition. The Association invites all 2D artists, including photographers, from around the world to make online submissions for entry into the Association’s inaugural online art exhibition. AANC encourages entries from artists regardless of where they reside and regardless of their experience or education in the art field to enter their best works.
- Entry Deadline: August 31, 2014
- Exhibition Dates: October 3-31, 2014
- Artwork must be submitted online via the digital entry program Online Juried Shows at www.onlinejuriedshows.com
- Instructions for submission can be found on that website
- Juror: Mike Beeman PSA, IAPS-MC
- Best in Show: $250
- $100 First Place Awards in the following categories
2. Painting: acrylic, mixed media and watercolor
3. Photography (traditional)
4. Enhanced digital work from photography
5. Created digital work (no photographic elements)
- Honorable Mentions as determined by the juror
Westin Hotel DIA Public Art Opportunity: Hotel Interiors
Open Only to Colorado Artists
Deadline: Friday August 22nd at 12:00pm
- $100,000 - $300,000 Commission
- Apply online at https://flydenver.slideroom.com
Denver International Airport’s (DEN) Hotel and Transit Center is nearing completion, with a 519-room Westin hotel and conference center, an outdoor public plaza connecting the new development to the existing Jeppesen Terminal, a Public Transit Center and the new RTD East Rail Line station connecting downtown Denver to Denver International Airport, the world’s eleventh busiest airport. This substantial project began in the fall of 2011 and is scheduled open in the fall of 2015.
We are proud to announce that Westin Hotel Denver International Airport (Westin DIA) will feature the work of talented Colorado-based artists and designers in the guest rooms, hallways and in the public circulation areas of the Westin Hotel and conference center.
Art Opportunities at the Westin DIA The DIA Art and Culture Program is currently soliciting applications for two-to-three commissions in two, interior public circulation areas of the new Westin DIA. The total art budget for both locations is $400,000 (all inclusive). Thus, each of the two locations carry a budget (all-inclusive) of $100,000 - $300,000 depending on the size, scale and complexity of the artwork proposed.
• LEVEL 1 HOTEL ENTRANCE: Guests arriving to the Westin DIA by automobile will enter at Level 1 of the building, in a porte-cochère area. We seek an artist to create an interior work of art to grace a long (up to 150’) wall on the north side of the porte-cochère entrance, visible from the exterior.
• LEVEL 2 CONFERENCE PRE-FUNCTION AREA: A public circulation area in front of the Grand Ballroom area will feature double-story walls for “Flanking/mirrored” 2D/low relief artwork. Wall sizes are roughly 20’ x 22’ – artwork no larger than 15’ x 15’. There is a possibility for a smaller third location behind the reception desk between these two walls, TBD. This commission could be divided between two or more artists, depending on the will of the Art Committee.
All qualified artists are invited to apply for these opportunities through our on-line portal https://flydenver.slideroom.com. You will need to set up an account at the Slideroom portal to submit your available work. Please read the Qualification
Requirements and Westin Design Guidelines sections below carefully and submit your work for this registry 12:00 PM (MST) on August 22, 2014 (instructions below). If you do not meet the qualification requirements or your work is not in alignment with the Westin Guidelines, please do not submit your portfolio of work for these opportunities.
Call for Entries: The Painting Show at Core
Deadline: Sunday, September 7, 2014 at 4 PM
Juror: Jt Urband
- $10 per entry
- Exhibition dates: September 11 - 28, 2014
- Artists’ Reception: Friday, September 12, 6 - 9 PM
We look forward to seeing straightforward interpretations of “painting” as a theme, as well as more unusual takes on the subject. If it has something to do with painting, we want to see it. Feel free to think outside the paintbox, and bring us the best you’ve got.
Work should be dropped off at the gallery (900 Santa Fe Drive) during our open hours (Thursdays & Saturdays noon - 6, Fridays noon - 9, and Sundays 1 - 4) between August 21 and September 7. Deadline is Sunday, September 7 at 4 PM.
Artwork must fit through the door. Art must be completely dry. Wall and suspended art must have suitable means for hanging. No sawtooth hangers. Standing art must be stable.
Juror: Jt Urband
Professor Urband holds both a BFA and an MFA from the University of Pennsylvania and is the recipient of numerous awards, grants, and fellowships. He currently teaches studio art at Arapahoe Community College as well as offering private plein air painting instruction.
We will let you know whether or not your work is juried in by email or phone no later than September 10. Work not juried in must be picked up within 2 weeks of the opening. (Please no picking up on the night of the opening.) Accepted works must be picked up at close of show on Sunday, September 28 between 3 and 5 PM.
CORE New Art Space
900 Santa Fe Drive
Denver, CO 80204
Fri: Noon-9 pm
Thu/Sat: Noon-6 pm
Sun: 1-4 pm
Call for Artists: Valkarie Gallery
Deadline to apply is Saturday August 23, 2014
Valkarie Gallery, a contemporary gallery located in Belmar, is getting ready to set the schedule for 2015 and is looking for artists in all mediums. We have several different opportunities available: guest artist in main gallery, guest artist in members' gallery and membership artist.
As a guest artist in the main gallery (700+ square feet), you would be sharing the space with 1 - 4 other artists that are selected by Valkarie. The art would all share a common theme: carnival, libations, wheels, embrace, small works (12" x 12" or smaller), western, story time, month of photography, abstract, music and dance. Which ever themes get the best response will be the ones selected (currently have five spaces available). The exhibition will be four weeks long. The gallery retains 25% of all sales and requires a $50 non refundable deposit (will go towards printing postcards - some given to each participating artist as well as being mailed out to the gallery patrons - and beverages for the opening reception). Artists are expected to attend the opening as well as First Friday (if the show has both), promote the show via social media and physical mailings.
As a guest artist in the members' gallery, you would have the store front wall (9' long) for a month. The gallery retains 25% of all sales. Artists are expected to attend the opening/First Friday and promote the show via social media.
Member artist: member artists pay $75 a month, due quarterly, have year round display space in the members gallery (art changes every two months), one solo/paired show in the main gallery a year, participation in other gallery/Block 7 Arts District event, website presence, art featured in our advertizing, mention of events outside the gallery in the monthly newsletter. The gallery retains 10% of all sales. As a member, you are encouraged to attend all opening and First Fridays as well as sit the gallery once every 6 - 8 weeks and help promote via social media. The
445 S Saulsbury St
Denver, CO 80226
Call for Members: Ice Cube Gallery
Spring / Summer 2014
Ice Cube Gallery at the Dry Ice Factory in RiNo
Ice Cube Gallery, llc exists to provide a space for critical dialogue and monthly exhibits supporting and encouraging "Artists to push beyond the norm and broaden their aesthetic -Ie. to be experimental in process, material, and/ or conceptual basis".
Call for Membership Proposals
Ice Cube Gallery is seeking prolific emerging and established artists and curators for juried review to become a member of one of Denver's most dynamic artist-run galleries! We are currently seeking all themes and styles of contemporary art including performance, installation, photography, film, multi-media, light, sculpture, artist talk series, or any other style of contemporary art that is pushing the boundaries in concept, process, and/or material.
Westword's art critic Michael Paglia calls Ice Cube Gallery "one of the most impressive exhibition spaces in town." Be a part of what he is talking about! Become familiar with our space and our current members by visiting our website www.icecubegallery.com or stop by during our regular hours Thursdays 12-5 Fridays 12-9 and Saturdays 12-5.
• One solo show in ½ of the 2600 sq. ft. gallery for 4 weeks per calendar year
• Participation in group shows
• Use of 2,000 sq feet storage space on-site in the gallery basement
• Promotion throughout the year with print and digital media
• Membership in the RiNo District
• Creative growth and support through regular discussions and critiques
Members attend monthly meetings, and have opportunities to participate in PR, Events, juried and group show committees, mentoring, and gallery operations.
Cost: $75 monthly dues, one time $100 non- refundable deposit and $50 refundable key deposit, one year commitment (other types of membership may be available, including a shared membership and/or a guest membership. Different rates may apply, please inquire if interested.)
To apply, Submit:
• Letter of Interest. How do you see yourself as a collaborative member of Ice Cube Gallery?
• A one-page exhibition proposal outlining ideas for your exhibition. Your proposal should include explanations of the purpose, concept and/or themes of your show.
• Artist statement
• Curriculum Vitae or Artist resume
• 5-10 images of your work. Digital format (.jpg), no larger than 1MB each. Please, include a corresponding image list with titles, dimensions, media, and year (Video: include links to view videos online)
Would your work be better understood in person? Contact Sandy Lane to schedule a formal presentation of your work to the co-op.
Ice Cube Gallery at the Dry Ice Factory
3300 Walnut St
Denver, CO 80205
Fri: 12-9pm; Thu/Sat: 12-5pm
Call for Artists: Downtown Aurora Visual Arts 2014
- Artists working in experimental techniques, linking art and technology or art and community are encouraged to submit works
Downtown Aurora Visual Arts (DAVA) is currently looking for artists working in all media to exhibit at DAVA in 2014-2015. We are currently looking for artists on the themes of:
- Communication Across Times
- Global Exchanges
- Universes (Macro/Micro)
- Social Practice, Rituals and Memory
We are also looking for artists making small works for our end of the year holiday shows. (in particular: basketmakers, fiber artists, ceramic and glass artists, toy makers…)
Artists working in any media can send materials for consideration:
- a link to your website or to an online portfolio (via dropbox for example)
- a current resume or a bio
- an artist statement
Downtown Aurora Visual Arts is a nonprofit arts organization whose mission is to strengthen the community through the arts with youth as its primary focus. For more information about our programs, visit www.davarts.org ,or call DAVA at 303 367 5886.
Downtown Aurora Visual Arts (DAVA)
1405 Florence St
Aurora CO 80010
Mon-Fri: 10:00 am-5:00 pm or by appointment