Call for Artists
- Published on February 25, 2015
Call for Artists: Summerfest 2015
July 18 and 19, 2015, 10am-5pm
Artists Apply by May 15, 2015
Summerfest is a two-day community fine arts and crafts festival held outdoors in beautiful Evergreen, CO. Now in its 35th year, Summerfest kicks off Arts Alive Evergreen, a 10-day visual and performing arts showcase.
With over 100 artists from all over the country, Summerfest provides fun for all ages. In addition to great art, we have local food, live music, special performances, and a children's activity area.
- Published on February 18, 2015
Call for Entries: Artists Association of Northern Colorado
2015 Spring 2D & 3D Online Art Exhibition
Entry deadline: Sunday, March 16, 2015, 11:59 PM Mountain Time
- Theme: Springtime. Any image or 3d work that represents and celebrates Springtime
- Artwork must be submitted online via the digital entry program Online Juried Shows at http://www.onlinejuriedshows.com
- Juror: Robert Gratiot
The prestigious Artists Association of Northern Colorado (AANC) announces an art call for the Association’s Online Juried Art Competition and Exhibition. The Association invites artists from around the world to make online submissions for entry into the Association’s Spring 2D (two dimension) and 3D (three dimension) online art exhibition. AANC encourages entries from artists regardless of where they reside and regardless of their experience or education in the art field to enter their best works.
AWARDS: Best in Show: $200
$100 First Place Awards in the following categories
1. Painting: oil and pastel
2. Painting: acrylic, mixed media and watercolor
3. Photography (traditional)
4. Enhanced digital work from photography
5. Created digital work (no photographic elements)
6. Three Dimensional: pottery, sculpture, woodwork
Honorable Mentions as determined by the juror
The AANC is a not-for-profit association of talented artists committed to helping artists of all media through mutual encouragement, classes, workshops, competitions and the opportunity to display and sell their work. The AANC strives to give the arts a more visible presence and promotes emerging artists through scholarships for deserving local high school and college art students.
- Published on January 28, 2015
PlatteForum 2015-2016 Artist Residency
Application Deadline March 27, 2015
Residency Schedule: September 2015 - May 31, 2016
- Six-to-eight-week residency
- Weekly stipend ($250)
- Share ideas with and demonstrate process to a diverse group of youth in structured Learning Labs (approximately four hours per week, supported by staff)
- Application and information: http://www.platteforum.org
- Q&A Panel: Applying for a Residency at PlatteForum: Wednesday, February 4, 2015 6:30 pm at our new home at 2400 Curtis Street
PlatteForum’s Artist Residency program supports contemporary artists as they work, strengthening individual practice through collaboration and community engagement. Our residencies are designed to celebrate creativity and foster and challenge artists to incorporate a bit of social practice, or social narrative into their process. Each resident artist becomes a catalyst for innovative and expansive thinking about what art is and can be.
While artists share their creative process and work with youth, PlatteForum gives guidance and ongoing support throughout each artist residency and beyond. Such support generates dialogue with the larger community about the role of the artist in society. Located in a rich urban context, PlatteForum’s dynamic, artist-centered residencies engage this community in the creation of new work where artists, youth, and the public collaborate.
Preference will be given to artists whose work addresses the larger questions in our world today such as race, class, social and ecological issues. In doing this we hope to provoke dialogue that helps shape our public narratives and cultural conversations.
2400 Curtis St
Denver, CO 80205
Mon-Fri: Noon - 4:00 PM or by appointment
- Published on January 13, 2015
Call for Entries: Predictions & Perceptions
Tri-Lakes Center for the Arts - Palmer Lake, Colorado
Entry deadline: March 16, 2015
- Exhibition dates: March 31 - May 2, 2015
- Details online at http://trilakesarts.org
The spiritual realm is as real as the natural realm. The two realms are inexplicably intertwined. There is continual interaction between both. The TLCA is accepting all forms of visual art that relates to, or is characteristic of, any subject matter that inspires the creative spirit of the artist and elevates the viewer. Please submit whatever art that has affected you deeply, and/or carries deep spiritual meaning to you.
Pay your entry fee with credit/debit online or by phone, or via check (mail all checks www.trilakesarts.org - 719-481-0475 - PO Box 1154, Palmer Lake CO, 80133
Download registration form, and email or mail back completed.
Important Show Dates:
Mar 16 - Deadline for Entries
Mar 20 – Notice of Acceptance
Mar 28 – Deliver Work to TLCA - 304 Hwy 105, Palmer Lake, CO 80133
Apr 10 – Opening Reception from 6-8pm
Exhibition Dates – March 31 to May 2 in the Main Gallery
Pick up work May 3 Entry
Fees:TLCA Members = $20 for 3 entries (+$5 for additional entries, up to 6 total)Non-Members = $30 for 3 entries (+$5 for additional entries, up to 6 total)
Tri-Lakes Center for the Arts
304 Hwy 105
Palmer Lake, CO 80133
- Published on January 01, 2015
Outreach for Local Artists at Mountain High Appliance
- February's theme is Architecture & The Built Environment
Mountain High Appliance is excited to support our community by opening the Louisville showroom as a gallery space for local artists of all mediums (2D and 3D) ages 15 years and up!
Mountain High Appliance is Colorado's premier appliance showroom with state of the art appliances displayed in 14 designer kitchens. This is a great opportunity to display your artwork in a high-traffic, professional setting to get the exposure your art deserves for FREE. Pieces can be listed for sale, and we do not take commission. We will accept cash and check sales only from buyers of your work(s).
• All art mediums will be considered but must be appropriate for a retail setting; no works depicting violence, nudity, or profanity will be accepted and we reserve the right to refuse any art at our discretion.
• Each artist may submit up to 5 pieces and they will be displayed for 30 days.
• Hanging items must be professionally framed with wire hanger.
• Artists are responsible for drop off and pick-up of all pieces to the Louisville showroom. Receiving: 3 days prior to the 1st day of your display month from 8am - 10am and 4pm -- 6pm only. Pick up: Must be within 7 days after the display month has ended during our regular business hours. Pieces left beyond 7 days will be donated to local charity for fundraising. No exceptions.
• There will be a 4 month waiting period between showings of any individual artist.
Please send JPG or PDF images of the work to be considered with dimensions to tasia (at ) mountainhighappliance (dot) com. Artists that are chosen for display will be contacted directly.
No phone calls please.
Mountain High Appliance
1130 Pine Street
Louisvile, CO 80027
- Published on December 26, 2014
Next Gallery: Call for Members
- For more information visit: http://nextartgallerydenver.com/call-for-members
NEXT Art Gallery in Denver is looking for new energetic and driven artists to join our community. NEXT Gallery's vision is to create an environment for active artists to present and grow as artists in a fostering community. Next gallery is an independent art gallery, run by artists. We have monthly meetings to discuss Art and NEXT Gallery's involvement in the Art community. We are a cooperative so each member pitches in by paying dues to cover rent, coming to monthly meetings, supporting each others' shows and performing duties at the gallery.
There are two types of membership at NEXT--full and associate. Each member gets a solo show each year as well as the opportunity to hang work in our small works gallery year round and in any of our annual shows.
3759 Navajo St
Denver, CO 80211
Fri: 6:00 - 10:00 PM
Sat/Sun: Noon - 5:00 PM
- Published on November 26, 2014
SYNC Gallery is accepting applications for membership
- For details about membership including fees and responsibilities visit our membership page at http://www.syncgallery.com
• A letter of interest explaining how you found out about SYNC Gallery, and the strengths you would bring to the gallery as a collaborative member.
• 5-10 jpeg images, no larger than 1MB each labeled with your name, title, medium, dimensions, and year completed.
• CV or resume
• artist statement and website
Your email attachments should not exceed 7MB
Once your information is received, a committee will review your submission, and notify you about the status of your application.
931 Santa Fe Drive
Denver, CO 80204
First & Third Fridays: 6- 9pm