Call for Entries
- Published on July 27, 2016
Next Gallery 2016: Call to Artists
Deadline: Friday September 2nd, 2016
- your CV/Resume (Note: Your resume should include an art education or at least 2 to 3 years of showing your work in Denver or beyond)
- Artist Statement
- up to 5 images from a complete body of work
- the email attachments you send should not exceed 7mb
3659 Navajo St.
Denver, Colorado 80211
- Published on July 20, 2016
Denver Modernism Show: Call for Artists
Featuring the Denver Modernism Gallery, a juried art show on the main show floor
Entries due by Saturday August 13th, 2016
- The Denver Modernism Gallery is curated by Sarah Quinlan http://www.sarahquinlan.net
- $200 Cash Prize for Best in Show!
How do you interpret Modernism? Is your work an homage to the past or a continuation of those ideas? Do you gain inspiration from the googie styles of the 1950s, or the sleek lines of Le Courbousier? All genres, styles, and mediums will be considered, as long as they relate to the theme of “modernism”.
This is your chance to have your work seen by over 4000 art and culture lovers, who will be coming ready to shop at the Denver Modernism Show! The show is held at the Denver National Western Complex Expo Hall.
Enter as many works as you like, each entry is only $10.00! Entry fees do not guarantee acceptance into the show, which will be determined by our juror. All entries should be made electronically, as emailed jpegs; if you need an alternative submission method please contact us for instructions. Accepted artists are responsible for delivery and pick-up of their artwork to and from the Expo Hall.
- Sat, Aug 13 - Deadline for submissions, midnight
- Mon, Aug. 15 - Notify artists of acceptance status by midnight
- Thurs, Aug 25 - Accepted artists deliver work to National Western Complex Expo Hall, 2-6 pm
- Fri, Aug. 26 - Opening Night. Accepted Artist plus one guest admitted to Preview Party, 6-10 pm
- Sun, Aug. 28- Closing Date: Artists must pick up work at National Western Complex Expo Hall, 4-6 pm
Requirements: All work must be dry and ready to properly hang. Set-up diagram must accompany multiple-piece works. All selected art must remain in place for the duration of the show. Accepted art may be photographed for publicity purposes. The curator retains the right to reject any work that is not as represented in the submitted image, or work that does not have appropriate hanging materials. All work must have the artist’s name, the title of the work, the price of the work, and a contact phone number and email clearly labeled on the back. Sculptors must provide their own pedestal if they wish to have one.
Sales: The Denver Modernism Show will handle sale and delivery of all artwork sold, and will retain a 25% commission on works sold. Artists will be paid for sold work at the pick-up time on Sunday.
Liability: The Denver Modernism Show will take all precautions to protect your art, but is NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS DUE TO DAMAGE OR THEFT. We provide overnight security & professional handling staff.
- Published on July 20, 2016
Call for Entries: Dark & Obscure
Sponsored by Art Gym Denver
Entries due Friday September 9th at 11:59pm
Art Gym Denver invites artists of all mediums to submit work for the fall exhibition Dark & Obscure juried by Art Gym Program Director, Michael Keen.
Dark & Obscure will explore the darker side of art by featuring artists concerned with topics of mortality, the afterlife and our perceptions of reality. Inside us all sleeps a child who still remembers fearing the dark – this show celebrates that memory.
- All media will be considered as long as the content thematically relates to the exhibition concept
- Art must be original and not a reproduction
- Artists must reside in the continental 48 states and be over 18 years old
- Art Gym Denver will take a 30% commission on all work sold
- Submittal fee is $15
- Submit up to three seperate works of art
- Submittal must be accompanied by a PayPal payment
- Submission fee is non refundable
- Accepted artwork may be refused last minute at Art Gym Denver’s discretion if unable to install or hang properly, or if art varies greatly from the submission image
- Artist is responsible for all costs of delivery and return of unsold artwork
- Art Gym Denver is not responsible for any artwork damaged, broken, or stolen while on exhibit, in storage, or in transit to and from the exhibition
- Art Gym Denver recommends all artists carry insurance sufficient to cover the full replacement value of their artwork
1460 Leyden St.
Denver, CO 80220
- Published on July 20, 2016
Baur's Second Call to Entry
Baur’s Restaurant and Listening Lounge
Deadline for submission is August, 1, 2016
Paintings should fit in the following spaces: Main dining room walls 8’ feet high x 30 ‘ wide. Front Alcove wall: 10’ high x 8’ feet wide.
Each show will consist of 6-10 paintings depending on the size of works. Each image should have artist’s name, title of painting, size, and medium.
On opening night Baur’s Salon (additional room) is open for additional paintings on view. Baur’s art openings are celebrated with champagne, appetizers, music and welcomes guests and walk-ins. Baur’s asks that the select artist be at the opening and to provide in advance a bio, titles, sizes, medium, and prices of each work of art.
Baur's asks for no fees nor commission on sales.
- Published on July 05, 2016
Call for Entries: Open at the Edge
Open Show featuring artwork of any media-Call for Artwork
Drop-off Dates: Saturday August 13 from Noon-6pm; Sunday August 14th from Noon-5pm; Monday August 15th from 5-7pm
- Exhibition dates: August 19 - September 11, 2016
- Artwork Drop-off: August 13, 12-6pm; August 14, 12-8pm; and August 15, 5-7pm
- Opening Reception: Friday, August 19, 6-10 pm
- Artwork Pick-up: September 11, 3-5pm and September 12, 5-7 pm
- Presentable work – All artwork must be framed, mounted or in some way professionally presented and ready to hang or install. Work may be refused if unable to install or hang professionally.
- Special installation – Video or installation work will need to be installed by the artist. A limited number of pedestals are available.
- Commission – All works sold during or through the show will have a 40% commission fee, which includes sales tax.
- Abandoned work – Any work left in the gallery 30 days after the show end date will be thrown away or become the property of Edge.
- Payment accepted – Cash, credit, and checks made to Edge Gallery.
3658 Navajo Street
Denver, CO 80211-3037
Thu: 2-8pm, Fri: 5-10pm, Sat:12-8pm, Sun: 12-5pm
- Published on June 14, 2016
Call for Entries: Unframed: Print for Change
RedLine's Salon-Style Exhibition
Submission Deadline: Monday August 1, 2016
Unframed is a salon-style print, 2D and paper-based exhibition that seeks to highlight and integrate messages that artists’ create as if they were currently launching a political campaign. The goal of Unframed: Print for Change is to unearth the passions and issues that resonate most in the Denver and greater Metro Area artist community. In addition to this salon-style exhibition that will be on view in RedLine’s main exhibition hall in August of 2016, RedLine will also host a ballot process that invites visitors to vote on their four favorite designs / messages that will then be wheat pasted in an outdoor exhibition in the RiNo neighborhood.
- Submission Deadline: Monday August 1, 2016
- Drop-Off Deadline: Friday August 5, 2016
- Requirements: Works must be able to be mounted on the wall due to the salon-style fashion of the exhibition. RedLine reserves the right to refuse any works that are damaged or not exhibition-ready. Limited to one entry per artist
- Desired Media: Print, Mural, or paper-based works preferred
- Application fee: Free
Please include the following with your emailed submission:
- Your Name
- Address / Phone Number
- Artist Name/Collective (if applicable)
- 2-3 Images of the proposed work (*Artists are welcome to submit 2-3 images of different work, with the understanding that only one will be selected for the exhibition.)
- 3-5 sentences on why you applied
2350 Arapahoe St.
Denver, CO 80205