Call for Entries
- Published on November 14, 2016
NEXT Up: An open call at NEXT Gallery for national artists
Online Entry Submission Deadline: Sunday January 22, 2017
Juror: Ivar Zeile of Plus Gallery
- Exhibition Dates: February 23 – March 11, 2017
- Visit: https://www.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=3894 to submit or http://www.nextartgallerydenver.com
- Best of Show Award with a monetary prize of $500 and an Honorable Mention with a monetary prize of $250 to be selected by juror, Ivar Zeile
3659 Navajo St.
Denver, Colorado 80211
- Published on October 27, 2016
Call for Entries: 2017 Cherry Creek Arts Festival
Entries accepted through December 1, 2016
Apply Now: http://bit.ly/2016CherryCreek
- Event dates: July 1, 2, 3, 2017
- Annual artist sales $13,055 per artist average
- Over $900,000 in marketing and advertising the visual artists
- $30,000 offered in artist purchase awards
- 350,000 annual visitors hosted over July 4th holiday weekend
- Projection jury, artists viewed in order of the date application is submitted
- Published on September 01, 2016
IN THE FLESH AND BEYOND: Artists Contemplate Their Own Vision of Jesus
An art show sponsored by Berkeley Community Church UCC
Entry Deadline: March 18, 2017
Most of us, whether religious or not, have a fixed mental image ofJesus Christ drawn from historic depictions. These mental images are often based on cultural stereotypes, political circumstance, and theological interpretation. However, a race- or gender-specific depiction of Jesus is limiting. In life, Jesus’ aim was to banish racial, social, and class distinctions. Jesus is, symbolically, “all in all”—everyman, everyperson.
What is your visual interpretation of Jesus? Are your images of Jesus literal, metaphorical, or something else entirely? Berkeley Community Church (United Church of Christ) invites artists to use their chosen media to address their perspective.
- Show Date: Friday, April 7, 2017
- Entry Deadline: March 18, 2017
- Entrance Fee: $25 per piece
- Total Awards: $250
- Head Juror: Cecily Cullen—Managing Director and Curator of Metropolitan State University of Denver’s Center for Visual Art.
- Secular submissions are welcome and encouraged. Chosen art will be displayed for one year. Artists may sell the art while it is on display, but purchaser must allow art to be displayed for the full year before actual possession.