Call for Artists
- Published on June 15, 2015
Call for 2016 Artists: Valkarie Gallery
Deadline to apply is Friday July 17, 2015
Valkarie Gallery, a contemporary gallery located in Belmar, is getting ready to set the schedule for 2016 and is looking for artists in all mediums. We have several different opportunities available: guest artist in resident artists' gallery, guest sculptural artist in the resident artists' gallery and resident/membership artist.
As a guest artist in the resident artists' gallery, you would have the store front wall (10' long) for one month. The gallery retains 25% of all sales. Artists are expected to attend the opening/First Friday and promote the show via social media.
As a guest sculptural artist in the resident artists' gallery, you would have the store front window space with six pedestals for 8 weeks. The sculptures must be small enough to fit on pedestals that range from 18” square to 24” square base. The gallery retains 25% of all sales. Artists are expected to attend the opening/First Friday and promote the show via social media.
Resident/Member artist: pay $75 a month, due quarterly, have year round display space in the resident artists’ gallery (art changes every two months), one solo/paired show in the main gallery (700+ square feet) a year, participation in other gallery/Block 7 Arts District events, website presence, mention of events outside the gallery in the monthly newsletter. The gallery retains 10% of all sales. As a resident artist, you are encouraged to attend all opening and First Friday events and help promote via social media, post card mailings, etc. You may be asked sit the gallery once every 6 - 8 weeks and are required to attend your opening, sit the second and third Saturday of your show as well as the last Sunday. You may also be asked to help hang the art in the resident artists’ gallery. You are required to make a one year commitment to the gallery but the gallery hold no exclusivity of where your art hangs.
Deadline to apply is July 17, midnight. Notification of acceptance into second round will occur by the middle of August. Please feel free to contact us with any questions!
445 S Saulsbury St
Denver, CO 80226
- Published on June 15, 2015
Boulder Art Association Annual Juried Show
Submit work in any medium by Wednesday July 15, 2015
- More information and a full prospectus at http://www.boulderartassociation.org/boulder-labor-day-art-show-call
The Boulder Art Association is holding its annual juried show on Labor Day weekend, September 4-7. We welcome artists in the Rocky Mountain region to submit work in any medium by July 15.
The exhibition will be held in a bright and expansive hall at the new Hyatt Place on Pearl Street in Boulder, Colorado. We will award over $1,000 in prizes.
- Published on June 08, 2015
Golden's Art in Public Places Program Seeking Artists
Apply online by Friday, June 19 (Transit Shelter Project) and Friday, June 26 (Clear Creek Project), 2015
- The City of Golden is looking for artists to add a creative and original flair to two city projects
A Colorado based artist is also needed to create an original work of art that will be incorporated into a recently improved, heavily trafficked pedestrian walkway along Clear Creek in downtown Golden. This walkway is used by tourists and residents alike, throughout the year. Recent improvements to the walkway include a pergola, seating area, access to the creek, new sidewalk, and space for twelve 2’ x 2’ decorative, square medallions embedded within the concrete path. The artist fee is not to exceed $11,000. Proposals must be submitted online at http://bit.ly/1cCfnsr by Friday, June 26.
Established in 2013, City of Golden’s Art in Public Places Program seeks to create a healthy, vibrant atmosphere by providing a wide range of public art, recognizing that art in a public setting is vital to a livable community and contributes to the economic development in the City of Golden.
- Published on June 02, 2015
Call for Entries: Midsummer Open Show at Spark Gallery
Drop Off Work: June 28 or July 5 from 12-5
Show dates: July 9 - 26, 2015
900 Santa Fe Drive
Denver, CO 80204
Thu-Sat: 12:00 - 5:00 PM
First Friday and Openings 6:00 to 9:00 PM
- Published on May 20, 2015
40 West Arts Call for Entries: “Rolling Route 40 Revisited: The Art of the Wheel”
Friday June 19th, 2015 Extended to Tuesday June 30th
- Exhibition: July 29th – August 29th
- Wednesday, July 29th, 2015: 5-7pm / Show Opening
- Saturday, August 8th, 2015: open 12-6pm; Extra hours at the gallery in conjunction with West Colfax MuralFest, occurring ½ block adjacent.
Thus, it is a natural fit for our next 40 West Arts Show to feature the wheel as source for inspiration. Artists are invited to start with any wheel they wish. We invite visual artists of all kinds—painters, photographers, sculptors, mixed-media artists, etc. From there, get creative and transform this everyday item into something magnificent! Any medium or media allowed. Use your imagination. Stretch the boundaries. Travel 40 West again with your art.
40 West Arts Gallery
1560 Teller St
Lakewood, CO 80214 Tue-Sat: 1-4pm
- Published on May 13, 2015
Coors Light South Platte RiverFest Art Competition
Saturday June 27 and Sunday June 28, 2015
Sponsored by the Greenway Foundation
- How to Register: http://www.greenwayfoundation.org/coorslightriverfestart
Timeline of Events:
Saturday, June 27, 2015
- 10:00 am Festival Opens
- 12:00 - 12:30 pm Artist check in (REQUIRED)
- 12:00-10:00 pm Create artwork
- 10:00 pm All artwork must be turned in
- 10:00 am - 6:00 pm Art on display for viewing
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm Art is judged by RiverFest attendees
- 2:00 pm Winner announced
Media: Sculptures, paintings, drawings, kinesthetic creations
Size: Less than 60 lbs, small enough for two people to move
Materials: Artists must bring all of their own supplies.
Location/Topic: All artwork must be created on the event site in a designated space. All artwork must be family friendly and inspired by the South Platte River, or Cherry Creek.
Fee: $10 per artist (15+ Years), $5 (15 and under)
Publicity: All artwork will be viewed by over 15,000 festival participants. Artists are encouraged to include a 4x8 notecard including their name, inspiration and how to contact the artist.
Location: Confluence Park in Downtown Denver
- Published on May 13, 2015
Call for Artists: The Co-op at Gallery 970
Located in Loveland, Colorado
Artwork may include, but is not limited to painting, sculpture, ceramics, drawing, installation, new media and art furnishings. Artists are strongly encouraged to include live demonstrations, artist talks and/or Q&A sessions in their exhibit. Applicants must also take into consideration that Gallery Nine-Seventy is a family-friendly and socially conscious environment.
- Published on April 07, 2015
The Colorado Mountain Art Gallery: Calling All Artists
- Published on March 31, 2015
Request for Artwork Submissions: Inner City Health Center
The artwork should reflect the mission of the clinic as well as th ethnic diversity of our patients. The art will be placed in ICHC’s medical and dental waiting rooms, and building hallways. This is a great opportunity for emerging artists.
Your submission package must include:
- Statement of Interest that briefly outlines your interest in this project and how your art work will enhance our environment and reflect our mission
- Resume outlining your accomplishments
- Samples of your artwork
Inner City Health Center
3800 York Street
Denver, CO 80205
Attention: Cheryl Simmons
ABOUT INNER CITY HEALTH CENTER
For over 30 years, Inner City Health Center(ICHC) has been a vital resource to the community with over 400,000 patient visits. ICHC exists to provide quality, comprehensive care for metro Denver’s uninsured and underserved. We use a comprehensive care model that integrates medical, dental and counseling services to address the needs of the whole person and whole family all in one location. Last year, ICHC grew to 22,400 patient visits due to the implementation of the Affordable Care Act and the expansion of Medicaid. Today, just as it was at its creation, ICHC continues to serve those who are in the most need with respect and compassion.
- Published on January 01, 2015
Outreach for Local Artists at Mountain High Appliance
- February's theme is Architecture & The Built Environment
Mountain High Appliance is excited to support our community by opening the Louisville showroom as a gallery space for local artists of all mediums (2D and 3D) ages 15 years and up!
Mountain High Appliance is Colorado's premier appliance showroom with state of the art appliances displayed in 14 designer kitchens. This is a great opportunity to display your artwork in a high-traffic, professional setting to get the exposure your art deserves for FREE. Pieces can be listed for sale, and we do not take commission. We will accept cash and check sales only from buyers of your work(s).
• All art mediums will be considered but must be appropriate for a retail setting; no works depicting violence, nudity, or profanity will be accepted and we reserve the right to refuse any art at our discretion.
• Each artist may submit up to 5 pieces and they will be displayed for 30 days.
• Hanging items must be professionally framed with wire hanger.
• Artists are responsible for drop off and pick-up of all pieces to the Louisville showroom. Receiving: 3 days prior to the 1st day of your display month from 8am - 10am and 4pm -- 6pm only. Pick up: Must be within 7 days after the display month has ended during our regular business hours. Pieces left beyond 7 days will be donated to local charity for fundraising. No exceptions.
• There will be a 4 month waiting period between showings of any individual artist.
Please send JPG or PDF images of the work to be considered with dimensions to tasia (at ) mountainhighappliance (dot) com. Artists that are chosen for display will be contacted directly.
No phone calls please.
Mountain High Appliance
1130 Pine Street
Louisvile, CO 80027