Call for Artists
- Published on March 25, 2015
MOA Recruiting for Paid Summer Art Internship
Application deadline: Friday April 10, 2015
Program dates: June 15 - August 10, 2015
- More info at http://www.moaonline.org/design-and-build
Ideal candidates for the program should have a good understanding of or be enrolled in programs such as painting, drawing, sculpture, wood working, carpentry, industrial design, exhibition design and installation, engineering, electronic engineering, digital media production, graphic design, video etc.
Interested candidates should view http://www.moaonline.org/design-and-build for detailed information about the program and application instructions. The application deadline is April 10, 2015 and the program dates are June 15- August 10, M - F 9:30am-5pm.
Since 1991, MOA's Design and Build program has provided an opportunity for young artists, students and creative minds to express their creativity in collaborative public art and gallery exhibition projects. Assisted by professional artists in residence, Design and Build participants produce exciting and original site-specific art works for public spaces in the Denver metro area and MOA's indoor galleries. Interns find creative solutions to practical challenges as they master the skills to transform their creative ideas into finished pieces.
The program generates temporary public art/exhibitions and offers lessons in collaborative teamwork, problem-solving and aesthetic and technical considerations. From concept to installation, students must consider all elements of the public art process, including environmental concern, safety, budgeting, project design, proposal writing, maquette making, construction, installation and removal. When installed, Design and Build artworks enliven the everyday life of the community.
Museum of Outdoor Arts
1000 Englewood Parkway
Englewood, CO 80110
Tue-Thu: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fri: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Sat: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Published on March 25, 2015
New American Paintings: 2015 Western Competition
Deadline: Thursday April 30th 2015
To Enter, visit: http://www.newamericanpaintings.net
- Juror: Evan Garza, Assistant Curator of Modern and Contemporary Art, Blanton Museum of Art, Austin, TX
New American Paintings is a museum-quality, soft-cover art periodical, published bimonthly by The Open Studios Press. Each 184 page volume is a regional exhibition-in-print, selling for $20 at 1,500 bookstores, museum shops and art supply stores nationwide. The books have become periodical resources for collectors and art world professionals.
- Competition winners retain all rights to their images and pay nothing to appear in New American Paintings
- Now accepting entries from: AZ, CO, ID, KS, MT, ND, NE, NM, NV, OK, SD, TX, UT, WY
- The competition’s 40 winners will appear in the Oct/Nov 2015 edition of New American Paintings
- All styles and media are welcome, as long as the work is singular and two-dimensional
- For more details, visit: http://www.newamericanpaintings.com/competitions.html
- Questions? Call 617.778.5265
- Published on March 18, 2015
Call for Entries: Denver Community Church - Art in Action
Entries due March 31, 2015
This May, the annual Art and Wine night thrown by Denver Community Church will relaunch as Art in Action after a 2 years hiatus. The long awaited special POP Art themed night is a benefit for two great local charities; Dry Bones Denver (http://drybonesdenver.org/) and Mission Wear (http://themissionwear.org/). The night will have a wine and beer tasting paired with local artists selling their inspired art, live music, a spectacular fashion show and a community driven Art Project that will be auctioned off at the end of the night.
- Artist’s name and contact information (email address and phone number)
- 1-2 jpegs of the piece(s) you are planning on exhibiting. Jpegs need to be 72 dpi with pixel dimensions as close to 1024 (w) x 768 (h) as possible.
- Image should contain artwork only – framing and background should be cropped out.
- Label files with artist’s last name and corresponding number (for example: smith_1.jpg)
- Also include within the email body a brief artist’s statement (approximately 100-200 words) describing your inspiration and intentions in creating the work.
- If you have a website or other social media accounts where the Committee can view more of your work, please include the links in addition to the jpegs in body of email.
- Artist must be available for set up and tear down times scheduled.
- Artist must be available for day and time of Art in Action. May 9, 2015
- Artist must provide own displays within space provided for you at event. 10’ x 10’ including folding table 3’ x 5’ (may use table at own discretion)
- Artist must provide own form of payment method for patrons to purchase their pieces at event
- Artist is required to donate one piece of art where 100% proceeds go to Dry Bones Denver and Mission Wear
We look forward to seeing your work, Art in Action and DCC Art Committee
- Published on March 18, 2015
Call for Artists: Plein Air Artists Colorado 19th Annual National Juried Exhibit
Deadline for entry is April 17, 2015
- Open to members of PAAC
- Complete Details at http://www.PleinAirArtistsColorado.com
Plein Air Artists Colorado invites plein air painters to submit work for its 19th Annual National Juried Exhibit and Sale, August 1-30, 2015, at Mary Williams Fine Arts in Boulder, Colorado
- Published on February 25, 2015
Call for Artists: Summerfest 2015
July 18 and 19, 2015, 10am-5pm
Artists Apply by May 15, 2015
Summerfest is a two-day community fine arts and crafts festival held outdoors in beautiful Evergreen, CO. Now in its 35th year, Summerfest kicks off Arts Alive Evergreen, a 10-day visual and performing arts showcase.
With over 100 artists from all over the country, Summerfest provides fun for all ages. In addition to great art, we have local food, live music, special performances, and a children's activity area.
- Published on January 28, 2015
PlatteForum 2015-2016 Artist Residency
Application Deadline March 27, 2015
Residency Schedule: September 2015 - May 31, 2016
- Six-to-eight-week residency
- Weekly stipend ($250)
- Share ideas with and demonstrate process to a diverse group of youth in structured Learning Labs (approximately four hours per week, supported by staff)
- Application and information: http://www.platteforum.org
- Q&A Panel: Applying for a Residency at PlatteForum: Wednesday, February 4, 2015 6:30 pm at our new home at 2400 Curtis Street
PlatteForum’s Artist Residency program supports contemporary artists as they work, strengthening individual practice through collaboration and community engagement. Our residencies are designed to celebrate creativity and foster and challenge artists to incorporate a bit of social practice, or social narrative into their process. Each resident artist becomes a catalyst for innovative and expansive thinking about what art is and can be.
While artists share their creative process and work with youth, PlatteForum gives guidance and ongoing support throughout each artist residency and beyond. Such support generates dialogue with the larger community about the role of the artist in society. Located in a rich urban context, PlatteForum’s dynamic, artist-centered residencies engage this community in the creation of new work where artists, youth, and the public collaborate.
Preference will be given to artists whose work addresses the larger questions in our world today such as race, class, social and ecological issues. In doing this we hope to provoke dialogue that helps shape our public narratives and cultural conversations.
2400 Curtis St
Denver, CO 80205
Mon-Fri: Noon - 4:00 PM or by appointment
- Published on January 01, 2015
Outreach for Local Artists at Mountain High Appliance
- February's theme is Architecture & The Built Environment
Mountain High Appliance is excited to support our community by opening the Louisville showroom as a gallery space for local artists of all mediums (2D and 3D) ages 15 years and up!
Mountain High Appliance is Colorado's premier appliance showroom with state of the art appliances displayed in 14 designer kitchens. This is a great opportunity to display your artwork in a high-traffic, professional setting to get the exposure your art deserves for FREE. Pieces can be listed for sale, and we do not take commission. We will accept cash and check sales only from buyers of your work(s).
• All art mediums will be considered but must be appropriate for a retail setting; no works depicting violence, nudity, or profanity will be accepted and we reserve the right to refuse any art at our discretion.
• Each artist may submit up to 5 pieces and they will be displayed for 30 days.
• Hanging items must be professionally framed with wire hanger.
• Artists are responsible for drop off and pick-up of all pieces to the Louisville showroom. Receiving: 3 days prior to the 1st day of your display month from 8am - 10am and 4pm -- 6pm only. Pick up: Must be within 7 days after the display month has ended during our regular business hours. Pieces left beyond 7 days will be donated to local charity for fundraising. No exceptions.
• There will be a 4 month waiting period between showings of any individual artist.
Please send JPG or PDF images of the work to be considered with dimensions to tasia (at ) mountainhighappliance (dot) com. Artists that are chosen for display will be contacted directly.
No phone calls please.
Mountain High Appliance
1130 Pine Street
Louisvile, CO 80027
- Published on December 26, 2014
Next Gallery: Call for Members
- For more information visit: http://nextartgallerydenver.com/call-for-members
NEXT Art Gallery in Denver is looking for new energetic and driven artists to join our community. NEXT Gallery's vision is to create an environment for active artists to present and grow as artists in a fostering community. Next gallery is an independent art gallery, run by artists. We have monthly meetings to discuss Art and NEXT Gallery's involvement in the Art community. We are a cooperative so each member pitches in by paying dues to cover rent, coming to monthly meetings, supporting each others' shows and performing duties at the gallery.
There are two types of membership at NEXT--full and associate. Each member gets a solo show each year as well as the opportunity to hang work in our small works gallery year round and in any of our annual shows.
3759 Navajo St
Denver, CO 80211
Fri: 6:00 - 10:00 PM
Sat/Sun: Noon - 5:00 PM
- Published on November 26, 2014
SYNC Gallery is accepting applications for membership
- For details about membership including fees and responsibilities visit our membership page at http://www.syncgallery.com
• A letter of interest explaining how you found out about SYNC Gallery, and the strengths you would bring to the gallery as a collaborative member.
• 5-10 jpeg images, no larger than 1MB each labeled with your name, title, medium, dimensions, and year completed.
• CV or resume
• artist statement and website
Your email attachments should not exceed 7MB
Once your information is received, a committee will review your submission, and notify you about the status of your application.
931 Santa Fe Drive
Denver, CO 80204
First & Third Fridays: 6- 9pm