Call for Artists
SYNC Gallery is accepting applications for membership
- For details about membership including fees and responsibilities visit our membership page at http://www.syncgallery.com
• A letter of interest explaining how you found out about SYNC Gallery, and the strengths you would bring to the gallery as a collaborative member.
• 5-10 jpeg images, no larger than 1MB each labeled with your name, title, medium, dimensions, and year completed.
• CV or resume
• artist statement and website
Your email attachments should not exceed 7MB
Once your information is received, a committee will review your submission, and notify you about the status of your application.
931 Santa Fe Drive
Denver, CO 80204
First & Third Fridays: 6- 9pm
Call for Entries: 2014 Bibelot Show at Kanon
Entries are due Thursday, November 27 at midnight
- This show will be juried by Susan Froyd from the Denver Westword
- For more details, see our website at http://www.kanonart.com/bibelot
The 2014 Bibelot show will feature the beauty of small works. Pieces must be no larger than 14” wide, and we encourage multiple small pieces by the same artist. Artists may submit multiple pieces — $20 for three entries, $5 for each additional. Because this show is focusing on providing affordable artwork for the holiday season, all work submitted must be for sale.
766 Santa Fe Drive
Denver, CO 80204
Next Gallery: Call for Members
Deadline: Thursday December 4th, 2014
- For more information visit: http://nextartgallerydenver.com/call-for-members
There are two types of membership at NEXT--full and associate. Each member gets a solo show each year as well as the opportunity to hang work in our small works gallery year round and in any of our annual shows.
3759 Navajo St
Denver, CO 80211
Fri: 6:00 - 10:00 PM
Sat/Sun: Noon - 5:00 PM
Outreach for Local Artists at Mountain High Appliance
Mountain High Appliance is excited to support our community by opening the Louisville showroom as a gallery space for local artists of all mediums (2D and 3D) ages 15 years and up!
Mountain High Appliance is Colorado's premier appliance showroom with state of the art appliances displayed in 14 designer kitchens. This is a great opportunity to display your artwork in a high-traffic, professional setting to get the exposure your art deserves for FREE. Pieces can be listed for sale, and we do not take commission. We will accept cash and check sales only from buyers of your work(s).
January's theme is Winter in the Rockies. Please submit pieces that you think represent the beauty of Colorado winters.
• All art mediums will be considered but must be appropriate for a retail setting; no works depicting violence, nudity, or profanity will be accepted and we reserve the right to refuse any art at our discretion.
• Each artist may submit up to 5 pieces and they will be displayed for 30 days.
• Hanging items must be professionally framed with wire hanger.
• Artists are responsible for drop off and pick-up of all pieces to the Louisville showroom. Receiving: 3 days prior to the 1st day of your display month from 8am - 10am and 4pm -- 6pm only. Pick up: Must be within 7 days after the display month has ended during our regular business hours. Pieces left beyond 7 days will be donated to local charity for fundraising. No exceptions.
• There will be a 4 month waiting period between showings of any individual artist.
Please send JPG or PDF images of the work to be considered with dimensions to tasia (at ) mountainhighappliance (dot) com. Artists that are chosen for display will be contacted directly.
No phone calls please.
Mountain High Appliance
1130 Pine Street
Louisvile, CO 80027
Call For Muralists: The West Colfax MuralFest
Deadline for entry: January 19, 2015
The West Colfax MuralFest is a vibrant art experience in 40 West Arts District designed to celebrate creativity and the character of historic West Colfax. Juried artists from across the country will create an outdoor art gallery of murals-culminating in a one-day celebration of art, music, food, and creative activities on August 8, 2015--free for the whole family. For more information on the mural opportunities, click here.
40 West Arts Gallery
1560 Teller St
Lakewood, CO 80214 Tue-Sat: 1-4pm
Call for Exhibition Proposals: “Role Play”
Deadline for proposals to arrive at CPAC: January 8, 2015
Exhibition at RedLine: March 14 – April 15, 2015
The Colorado Photographic Arts Center requests proposals for “Role Play” a photography exhibition to be held at RedLine Denver for the 2015 Month of Photography.
CPAC curators are seeking cohesive bodies of work that address the theme of the exhibition: role-play – the creation of make-believe situations and narratives, the adoption of a personae or character different than oneself, the transformation of self for play, self-examination, or the exploration of themes related to social issues.
Send up to 20 jpegs of the body/bodies of work for review. Please provide your website address and information about the project such as an artist statement and cv. Supplementary materials such as reviews, articles written by you, catalogs etc., are welcome.
This is not a juried exhibition. Proposals must address the theme. There is no entry fee.
Colorado Photographic Arts Center (CPAC)
1513 Boulder Street
Denver, CO 80211
Call for art: Open to Possibility: EDGE Community Show
EDGE Gallery’s annual open call for art for the Denver Metro Community
- Drop off dates: Monday December 1st from 1-3pm; Tuesday December 2nd from 6-8pm
- $10/piece (unlimited number of entries)
- Exhibition Dates: December 5 – December 21, 2014
- Opening Reception: Friday December 5 from 6-10pm
900 Santa Fe Drive
Denver, CO 80204
Fri: Noon-9 pm
Thu/Sat: Noon-6 pm
Sun: 1-4 pm
Call for Entries: The 4 Seasons of Colfax
Entry Deadline: Thursday January 29, 2015
Join 40 West in its 3rd annual Colfax-themed show: “The 4 Seasons of Colfax”: an arts exhibition celebrating the events, history, and character(s) of Colfax Avenue (America’s longest commercial street) across the seasons. Colfax offers the special, unusual, strange and beautiful,. We want to capture the full year of weather and its impact upon the beauty and activity of Colfax Avenue. Capture a year in the life of Colfax with your photos, paintings and more. Link below for web page, where you can download the Call for Entry PDF.
We invite visual artists of all kinds—photographers, painters, sculptors, mixed-media artists, etc.—to use their artist’s eye to capture the spectacle that is Colfax—it’s neon, its people, places, events, history and ever-changing character of Main Street Colorado. Colfax Avenue has been at the epicenter of entrepreneurial activity in the metro area for more than 150+ years, with businesses and buildings still intact today, many which carry over from the 1950s car culture. Come on photographers and artists—channel your inner Jack Kerouac! Get out “On the Road” and experience the grit and the glitz of Colfax.
We are delighted to have 2 huge Colfax lovers & experts serve as jurors. Jonny Barber (ColfaxAvenue.com) and Bree Davies (BreeDavies.com)