Call for Artists
Call for art: Open to Possibility: EDGE Community Show
EDGE Gallery’s annual open call for art for the Denver Metro Community
- Drop off dates: Monday December 1st from 1-3pm; Tuesday December 2nd from 6-8pm
- $10/piece (unlimited number of entries)
- Exhibition Dates: December 5 – December 21, 2014
- Opening Reception: Friday December 5 from 6-10pm
900 Santa Fe Drive
Denver, CO 80204
Fri: Noon-9 pm
Thu/Sat: Noon-6 pm
Sun: 1-4 pm
Call for Art Jello Mold Entries: A Cornocopia of Artistic Expression & Interpretation
Entry & Delivery Deadline: Saturday November 8, 2014 at 11:30am
Juror: Andrew Novick
- Artistic jello mold contest to be judged by Andrew Novick at 1:30pm, with public viewing from 12-1pm
ELIGIBILITY: The jello mold competition is open to all professional and amateur artists and chefs, members and non members. You must use jello and a mold – then go from there in your creation. Please indicate on your entry if the jello is edible or not. We welcome additional submissions for this event!
There will be 3 awards selected by Andrew:
- Most Artistic
- Best Taste (among edible entries)
- Most Colfax-Cool
40 West Arts Gallery
1560 Teller St
Lakewood, CO 80214 Tue-Sat: 1-4pm
Open Call for Synchronicity Art Show
Deadline for submissions: Saturday November 1st and the art piece must be delivered by Thursday November 6th 2014
Ever wonder if the occurrence of similar, simultaneous events are merely chaotic happenings? Or perhaps connected at another level?
Five emerging playwrights were tasked with exploring just this, and writing a short theatrical piece on the notion of synchronicity. The result is five thoughtful performances on the subject expressed through comedy, dance, video, music, and performance art.
Brooklyn founded and Denver based theatre company, Sparrowtree is producing and showing Synchronicity on November 13th, 14th, 15th and 16th at 7:30pm at The Bakery Multimedia Arts Warehouse located at 2132 Market Street in Downtown Denver. Pre-sale tickets are available for a limited time at www.sparrowtree.org.
Also at The Bakery, Sparrowtree will be hosting a free promotional art show from 6pm till Midnight that First Friday Nov 7th, preceding the plays. The goal is to bring together, feature, and display varying artists. It will be a night of art, music, readings, and edible delights.
The night will include:
- Music performances by The Silver Spaceman, Sisters of Sound, Carly Howard, and Open to the Hound.
- Open to the Hound music video premiere.
- Readings by Matthew Van Deventer, Maggie Craig, and Gina Tron.
- Treats by New Rise Sourdough Bakery.
- Free Beer and Wine to go with it all!
As an added bonus, each artist accepted will receive 100 sparrowcoins (http://www.sparrowcoin.com), a form of digital currency created by Sparrowtree Arts to reward artists for their original contributions.
Call for Entries: The 4 Seasons of Colfax
Entry Deadline: Thursday January 29, 2015
Join 40 West in its 3rd annual Colfax-themed show: “The 4 Seasons of Colfax”: an arts exhibition celebrating the events, history, and character(s) of Colfax Avenue (America’s longest commercial street) across the seasons. Colfax offers the special, unusual, strange and beautiful,. We want to capture the full year of weather and its impact upon the beauty and activity of Colfax Avenue. Capture a year in the life of Colfax with your photos, paintings and more. Link below for web page, where you can download the Call for Entry PDF.
We invite visual artists of all kinds—photographers, painters, sculptors, mixed-media artists, etc.—to use their artist’s eye to capture the spectacle that is Colfax—it’s neon, its people, places, events, history and ever-changing character of Main Street Colorado. Colfax Avenue has been at the epicenter of entrepreneurial activity in the metro area for more than 150+ years, with businesses and buildings still intact today, many which carry over from the 1950s car culture. Come on photographers and artists—channel your inner Jack Kerouac! Get out “On the Road” and experience the grit and the glitz of Colfax.
We are delighted to have 2 huge Colfax lovers & experts serve as jurors. Jonny Barber (ColfaxAvenue.com) and Bree Davies (BreeDavies.com)
Call for Entries: Icebreaker 6
Entries must be received by Saturday November 1, 2014
Juror: Lauren Wright, Curator and Artistic Director for the Biennial of the Americas
- The sixth annual juried exhibition sponsored by Ice Cube Gallery, a contemporary artist-run gallery located in the River North Arts District of Denver
- The exhibit has an open theme and artists of every medium are encouraged to enter
- To submit work, visit: http://www.callforentry.org
Juror: Lauren Wright, Curator and Artistic Director for the Biennial of the Americas, former curator at Turner Contemporary in Margate, UK. Wright has also developed independent curatorial projects for Tate Modern and served as Asisstant Director for Furtherfield.org, a media arts organization focused on technology and social change.
- Entry fee is $35.00 and entitles each artist to enter up to 4 images. Entry fee does not guarantee acceptance into the show.
- Ice Cube Gallery retains a 25% commission on works sold during the exhibition.
- Artwork must be ready to hang or display. Installation or works of multiple pieces must be accompanied by a detailed diagram. Artists may be asked to install complex works. Maximum weight is 50 lbs.
- Artists submitting time based media must be able to provide their own equipment.
- Artist is responsible for costs of shipping. Return shipping label is to be included with work.
- Artist is responsible for all insurance needs for their work. Artists understand that Ice Cube Gallery provides no insurance for their exhibited works.
- Juror has the right to reject any work that does not meet quality standards for the exhibit, or is not identical to work juried from digital images.
- All artworks must remain on display in the gallery during the entire show for the period of 1/8/15 – 1/31/15.
- Call for entry opens: August 18
- Submission deadline: November 1
- Notification: November 18
- Artwork received:
- December 20, 12-5pm
- December 27, 12-5 pm
- January 2, 12-5 pm
- January 3, 12-5 pm
- Exhibit dates: January 8-31, 2015
- Opening reception: January 9, 6-9 pm
- Artwork pick-up:
- January 31, 5-7 pm
- February 1, 9am-12pm
Ice Cube Gallery at the Dry Ice Factory
3300 Walnut St
Denver, CO 80205
Fri: 12-9pm; Thu/Sat: 12-5pm