Call for Entries
- Published on August 24, 2016
Call for Entries at Valkarie Gallery: New Art for 2017
Deadline to apply is Tuesday September 13th, 2016
- Notification of acceptance into second round will occur by the end of September
Valkarie Gallery, a contemporary gallery located in Belmar, is getting ready to set the schedule for 2017 and is looking for artists in all mediums. We have several different opportunities available: guest artist in resident artists' gallery, guest sculptural artist in the resident artists' gallery and resident/membership artist.
As a guest artist in the resident artists' gallery, you would have the store front wall (10' long) for one month. The gallery retains 25% of all sales. Artists are expected to attend the opening/First Friday and promote the show via social media.
As a guest sculptural artist in the resident artists' gallery, you would have the store front window space with FIVE pedestals for 8 weeks. The sculptures must be small enough to fit on pedestals that range from 18” square to 24” square base. The gallery retains 25% of all sales. Artists are expected to attend the opening/First Friday and promote the show via social media.
Resident/Member artist: pay $75 a month, due quarterly, have year round display space in the resident artists’ gallery (art changes every two months), one paired show in the main gallery (700+ square feet) a year, participation in other gallery/Block 7 Arts District events, website presence, mention of events outside the gallery in the monthly newsletter. The gallery retains 10% of all sales. As a resident artist, you are encouraged to attend all opening and First Friday events and help promote via social media, post card mailings, etc. You may be asked sit the gallery once every 6 - 8 weeks and are required to attend your opening, sit the second and third Saturday of your show as well as the last Sunday. You may also be asked to help hang the art in the resident artists’ gallery. You are required to make a one year commitment to the gallery but the gallery holds no exclusivity of where your art hangs.
445 S Saulsbury St
Denver, CO 80226
- Published on August 24, 2016
Call for Entries: CURRENTS international NEW MEDIA ART festival in Santa Fe, NM
Entries due by Tuesday November 15th 2016
- Festival takes place from June 9 - 25, 2017
- For more information about our festival and our submission guidelines: https://currentsnewmedia.org/festivals/currents-new-media-2017
CURRENTS is an international NEW MEDIA ART festival. We showcase a variety of art that pushes the boundaries of art and technology, experimental films, installation, and performance. This is a call for our 2017 show June 9th-25th 2017 in Santa fe, New Mexico. Last year we counted over 7,000 visitors at our festival events.
Some artists who are accepted into the festival are eligible for full coverage of lodging, travel, and shipping.
We are accepting submissions in the following categories:
- New Media Installations
- Outdoor Video and New Media Installations
- Single Channel Video and Animation
- Multimedia Performance
- Experimental or Interactive Documentary
- Web-Art / Art-Gaming / Mobile Device Apps
- Virtual Reality Environments
- Digitally Generated Objects (ie. 3D Printing)
- Interactive Installations for Children
- Published on August 24, 2016
Call for Entries: "Deep Forest" at Hooked on Colfax
DEADLINE: Sunday September 4, 2016
Currently taking submissions for the cafe's next show: "Deep Forest." Artwork that incorporates nature, enchantment, and the unknown are strongly encouraged. This is an open group show - considering everything from installations, sculptures, series and single pieces. Show will hang from September 16 - November 7, 2016.
Hooked on Colfax
3213 E Colfax Ave.
Denver, CO 80206
- Published on August 17, 2016
Call for Entries: Double Exposure: An Exhibition of Photography and Video
Deadline: Monday October 3, 2016
- $25 entry fee
The Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities seeks artists working in both photography and video to submit an application including both bodies of work for an exhibition to coincide with Denver’s 2017 Month of Photography. It is becoming the norm for artists to work in a range of media in their artistic practice, this exhibition aims to acknowledge this change in an artist’s practice and showcase the association between an artist’s work in video and photography.
For more information and application please visit: http://arvadacenter.org/galleries/special-events/call-for-entries
Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities
6901 Wadsworth Blvd.
Arvada, CO 80003
Mon-Fri: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sat: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun: 1:00 - 5:00 PM
- Published on July 27, 2016
Next Gallery 2016: Call to Artists
Deadline: Friday September 2nd, 2016
- your CV/Resume (Note: Your resume should include an art education or at least 2 to 3 years of showing your work in Denver or beyond)
- Artist Statement
- up to 5 images from a complete body of work
- the email attachments you send should not exceed 7mb
3659 Navajo St.
Denver, Colorado 80211
- Published on July 20, 2016
Call for Entries: Dark & Obscure
Sponsored by Art Gym Denver
Entries due Friday September 9th at 11:59pm
Art Gym Denver invites artists of all mediums to submit work for the fall exhibition Dark & Obscure juried by Art Gym Program Director, Michael Keen.
Dark & Obscure will explore the darker side of art by featuring artists concerned with topics of mortality, the afterlife and our perceptions of reality. Inside us all sleeps a child who still remembers fearing the dark – this show celebrates that memory.
- All media will be considered as long as the content thematically relates to the exhibition concept
- Art must be original and not a reproduction
- Artists must reside in the continental 48 states and be over 18 years old
- Art Gym Denver will take a 30% commission on all work sold
- Submittal fee is $15
- Submit up to three seperate works of art
- Submittal must be accompanied by a PayPal payment
- Submission fee is non refundable
- Accepted artwork may be refused last minute at Art Gym Denver’s discretion if unable to install or hang properly, or if art varies greatly from the submission image
- Artist is responsible for all costs of delivery and return of unsold artwork
- Art Gym Denver is not responsible for any artwork damaged, broken, or stolen while on exhibit, in storage, or in transit to and from the exhibition
- Art Gym Denver recommends all artists carry insurance sufficient to cover the full replacement value of their artwork
1460 Leyden St.
Denver, CO 80220