Deb Cochrane (Gallery I)
“Inspire” Group Artists Exhibit: Step It Up (Gallery II)
NCAR Community Art Program
May 6 – June 29, 2019
- Two Art Receptions: Saturday May 11th from 3-6 pm and Sunday June 2nd from 2-5 pm
- Both receptions featuring performance involving flute, drums and spoken word
- Photography Printed on Metal by Deb Cochrane
- Textiles, Painting and Poetry by “Inspire” group artists – Laurie Hill Gibb, Michelle Naranjo Brackette, Wendy Satsky, Cathy Casper and Valerie Szarek
- Preview all artists' work on the NCAR Community Art Calendar at: http://scied.ucar.edu/exhibits/community-art-program
Deb Cochrane’s photography inspiration comes from the natural world and from the stunning landscapes of America and Australia. She loves to spend her time in the mountains in Colorado and by the ocean when in Australia. Within those vast landscapes, Deb sees the smaller detail and can pick out a part of the scene and show the viewer the beauty that is often overlooked. Cochrane’s work will be on display in NCAR’s Community Art Gallery I at the National Center for Atmospheric Research Mesa Lab from May 6, 2019 to June29, 2019.
Step It Up: “Inspire” is a group of local artists who create through the art disciplines of textiles, painting, poetry and music in response to climate change. We share our art and poetry to inspire hope and action in our audience. Each of us makes a difference. Together we are unstoppable. Our painter is Wendy Satsky. Our textile artists are Laurie Hill Gibb and Michelle Naranjo Brackett. Our poets are Cathy Casper and Valerie Szarek. “Inspire” group artists work will be on display in NCAR’s Community Gallery II at the National Center for Atmospheric Research Mesa Lab.
NCAR's Mesa Laboratory is located at 1850 Table Mesa Drive in Boulder. Its galleries and Visitor Center are open to the public on weekdays from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and on weekends and holidays from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. There is no charge for admission.