Down the Rabbit Hole! - Cutting Edge Photography or Photography-based Artwork
March 24 - April 21, 2011
- Opening Reception: Friday March 25th from 6-10pm
- First Friday Hours: April 1st from 6-9pm
- Closing Reception: Thursday April 21st from 6-10pm
- In conjunction with Denver's Month of Photography
- Jurors: Petra Sertic, Mark Sink, Richard Peterson
- Selected artists: T. John Hughes, Rebekah Rocha, Rett Rogers, Timothy C. Flood, Thomas Carr, Sarah Buckius, Stephen Cardinale, Susan R. Goldstein, Terri Bell, Norman Broomhall, Nicole Craine, Mark DeRespinis, Janelle Pietrzak, Gene Wheeler, Evan Blackstock, Ellen Jantzen, Dmitri Obergfell, Mariana Vieira, Jody Akers, Heather M. O'Brien, Jean Albus
About the Jurors:
Petra Sertic joined the Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art as Associate Curator in March 2010. As an independent curator based in Denver, Colorado, she has curated exhibitions for private and public organizations, including the Museum of Contemporary Art Denver and Museo de las Americas. She was previously Executive Assistant to the Director & Curatorial Assistant at MCA Denver and Volunteer Coordinator at Kirkland Museum of Fine & Decorative Art.
Her interests in art range from Modern to Contemporary—with a soft spot for the art of the late 20th century and the art of Colorado. She holds an MA in Art History and Museum Studies from the University of Denver and has a background in non-profit development work and special events organization.
Lifelong photographer Richard Peterson is the former curator and owner of the notorious alternative Pink & Pearl Gallery in San Diego, plus he is a museum and fine-art photographer widely published and exhibited, and creator of a famous body of street-art style Punk photography from the 1970s. He served as Aerial Photographer for a San Francisco City Lights associated 'zine called Search & Destroy, and worked with bands such as Talking Heads, Blondie, Sex Pistols, Iggy Pop, Patty Smith.
He currently runs the Heads of Hyda photography collective, a group of iconoclastic individuals who push the boundaries of photography. Richard also works with the estate of legendary California artist Bruce Conner, creating edition prints for museums around the world.
Mark Sink, art consultant, curator, and teacher, has been creating fine art photography since 1978. His personal works are in numerous museum collections and have been exhibited and purchased by major institutions internationally. As a photographer he has worked with and documented noted artist's lives such as Andy Warhol and Jean Michel Basquiat and Rene Ricard. Mark Sink is also a founder of the Denver Salon, co-founder of The Sight, and former interim director of Museum of Contemporary Art Denver. Currently Mark represents and curates local and international cutting-edge fine art photography.
To see the show by appointment: call Sabin Aell at 720.309.1764
3254 Walnut St.
Denver CO, 80205