Logan Lecture: Chido Johnson
Denver Art Museum
Wednesday, November 1st from 6 - 7 PM (Doors open at 5:30 PM)
- Logan Lectures Fall 2017: 10 Years of Artists on Art
Chido Johnson, "Square Grid Humility," 2000
Gessoed ceramic, lime, raised-floor installation, 16 x 16 x 2 feet. © Chido Johnson
DAM Contemporaries (DAMC) celebrates the 10th anniversary of Logan Lectures with four artists who share global perspectives in their interdisciplinary practices.
Having lived between two cultures, the United States and Zimbabwe, Chido Johnson’s work persistently locates cultural spaces identified as other and different in an attempt to transform and negotiate a new sense of self, place and belonging. It is with this sense of otherness that Johnson’s work extends from performance to video to installation.
- Free DAMC members and students with valid student ID
- $10 DAM volunteers, $15 DAM members, $20 Non-members
- Get individual tickets online: https://tickets.denverartmuseum.org/DateSelection.aspx?item=1730
- MEET THE ARTIST: DAMC invites you to an après-lecture reception with the artist immediately following the lecture at the ART hotel; enjoy conversations with the artist along with complimentary snacks and a cash bar
- The Logan Lecture series is sponsored by Vicki and Kent Logan in affiliation with DAM Contemporaries, a Denver Art Museum support group
100 W 14th Ave
Denver, CO 80204