Call for Entries: Wax Stories 2 at Niza Knoll Gallery
Submission Deadline: Saturday September 30, 2017
Juror: Patricia Aaron
Niza Knoll Gallery in Denver, Colorado is calling for artists who incorporate encaustic in their art to submit their work for the juried exhibit Wax Stories 2. After a successful regional show in 2015, the call has been expanded nationally. We encourage artist to submit up to 3 of their best encaustic pieces and tell us their stories. Awards will be given to Best of Show, 2nd and 3rd place winners. The winners will be honored with a four-week group exhibition, Best Stories, at the Niza Knoll Gallery in Denver in 2018. A full prospectus can be found at http://bit.ly/waxstories2 and all submissions must be made through this site.
For the lay-person, Encaustic is a process using pigments mixed with hot wax and fused with heat. The exhibition will open November 3, 2017 and run through the holiday season until January 6, 2018 and is a great time for artist to showcase their work in Denver’s popular Art District on Santa Fe. Submissions will be juried by Denver Artist Patricia Aaron. The Wax Stories 2 Exhibit will be curated by Denver artist Victoria Eubanks.
- Call for entries deadline: September 30, 2017
- Jurying complete: October 6, 2017
- Acceptance letter by: October 9, 2017
- Shipped art received no later than: October 29, 2017
- Hand deliver art to gallery on: October 31 between 12-2:00pm
- Show opens Friday: November 3, 2017
- Artists Reception: November 17, 2017
- Exhibition Duration: November 3, 2017 –January 6, 2018