Call for Entries: Changes at D'art Gallery
Entries due by October 4, 2019
Juror: Michael McClung of Michael Warren Contemporary
- Exhibition dates: November 14 - December 8, 2019
- Cash prize of $100 will be presented to one artist and announced on the opening date of the show, as selected by the Juror
- Enter on CAFE: https://artist.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=6803
- D'art Gallery: 900 Santa Fe Drive, Denver
In a nod to growing, to reinventing, to defying your critics and to stepping out on your own, we present Changes, a juried show featuring visual works about the many changes in our lives, environment, and thought processes. This International Show will feature artwork in the categories of painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture, fiber, and photography. Themes can include your personal changes such as: seasonal, climate, social or economic, relationship, historic, or others.
About the Juror:
Michael McClung is the co-owner and Director of Michael Warren Contemporary Art, Denver, CO, along with his partner, Warren. The gallery “showcases contemporary artwork that speaks to us personally. We present colorful abstract and figurative work alongside contemplative sculpture, installations, works on paper and photography with particular emphasis on materials and process.”
He has worked in both business and in the creative industries for the past 30 years. The gallery was opened in the heart of Denver’s Art District on Sante Fe in 2014, and in 5 years has mountd 80 exhibits and welcomed more than 76,000 visitors to the gallery.
- $35 flat fee for up to three art pieces/images. Entry fees may be paid by credit card only through callforentry.org. Fees are non-refundable and do not guarantee acceptance in the exhibition.
- The exhibition is open to all artists 18 years and older. All work must be original in concept and not copied from another artist's work.
- No installations or artwork that requires special technical installation or intensive assembly will be accepted. No performance-based work. Maximum size of 5 feet in any direction for both 2D and 3D works.
- Only entries submitted online through Callforentry.org will be considered. Do not contact gallery to submit images or information for your application, unless more information has been requested. Entries are limited to a maximum of three works.
- All notifications will be sent by email through Callforentry.org. These emails occasionally end up in one's spam/junk box. Please add the Callforentry.org email address to your address book.
- All works accepted for the exhibition must be original, completed, and ready to hang. Substitutions of accepted works will not be allowed and all delivered work must match the image juried.
- Frames, mats, and wiring must be professional quality and in good condition. Wiring must be in good condition and substantial enough for the weight of the artwork. No sawtooth hangers. All paintings must be framed or gallery wrapped with fully painted edges. Two-dimensional works on paper must be framed. No audio-video artworks accepted.
- Accepted artwork may not be removed from D’art Gallery prior to the close of the exhibition.
- All submissions will be through Callforentry.org (www.callforentry.org). Entries and credit card payment must be submitted on or before the posted deadline, with no entries accepted after this date.