Call For Artists: Martin Acres Mini Art
Temporary Art Installations
Submission Deadline: May 31, 2018
- Artists will be notified by: June 15th, 2018
- Installation must occur: by the end of 2018
Arts Martin Acres is seeking to enhance our local environment by creating serendipitous encounters with art in surprising locations. We are asking for artists to put their creativity to the test and create a mini art installation, no larger than 2 x 2 x 2 feet to be placed in the Martin Acres Neighborhood. We are looking for art that is engaging, surprising, inclusive and diverse. This project will be ongoing, with the first installations happening in 2018. This call is open to all media types and all artists. Installations must be designed and built to exist in the outdoor environment for a period of 6 months to 1 year. They should be site specific, temporary art installations and will be located at various, surprising locations scattered around Martin Acres. Both private or public property will be considered for locations, please review the links to our stakeholder outreach report and Martin Acres location priorities in the resources section.
- Concept sketch/outline/description (include up to 5 images)
- Proposed site location (map, address etc, and please indicate if you have gained permission from a private property owner, and if you have possible alternative locations)
- Type of Media: sculpture, paint, mixed media, digital, etc.
- Artwork dimensions: Must fit in a maximum of 24” x 24” x 24”
- Availability and target installation schedule