imPressed: Art Gym Call for Entry Now Open at CaFE
Submission deadline: Sunday, February 11, 2018, 11:59pm
- More info at: https://www.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=4810
- Juror: Craig Zammiello
- Awards: 1st Prize: $500; 2nd Prize: $200
Art Gym Gallery is inviting artists living in the United States to submit work to the 3rd annual imPressed show, which highlights current trends in contemporary American printmaking
Artists can enter work to this national call for entry via CaFE.
Juror: Craig Zammiello is a Master Printer with over 40 years of experience in all areas of printmaking. He is the author of a studio manual on photogravure, and the book Conversations from the Print Studio, published by Yale University Press.
Art Gym Denver
1460 Leyden St.
Denver, CO 80220
imPressed, on view March 22, 2018 through April 14, 2018, shines a spotlight on a cross-section of artists working in a variety of traditional, alternative, and experimental print processes. Prints to be submitted may include but are not limited to: monoprint, screen print, intaglio, photopolymer, photogravure, collagraph, stone lithography, plate lithography, photo plate lithography, relief, woodcut, linocut, cone-cut, risograph, steam roller, and book arts. Prints utilizing laser engraving as a component of a printed work will also be considered. Inkjet and giclée will not be accepted.
Craig Zammiello worked 25 years at Universal Limited Art Editions, where he collaborated with numerous artists, notably Jasper Johns, Elizabeth Murray, Robert Rauschenberg, James Rosenquist, Kiki Smith and Terry Winters. He is currently a Master Printer at Two Palms, working with Matthew Barney, Mel Bochner, Peter Doig, Ellen Gallagher, Chris Ofili, Elizabeth Peyton, Dana Shutz and Chuck Close.
He received his M.F.A. from SUNY Stony Brook in 1995. He has taught numerous workshops and classes at New York University, Yale University, The Robert Blackburn Printmaking Studio, the Royal Academy of Antwerp and the Flemish Center for the Graphic Arts in Belgium. He is currently Adjunct Faculty within the School of the Arts at Columbia University.
Zammiello has exhibited his work in the US and abroad. His prints can be found in the collections of the Royal Museum of Fine Arts in Antwerp, Belgium, Yale University Art Gallery, and the Hoesch Museum in Düren, Germany.
• Artists may submit up to 3 works.
• $25 submission fee must be paid via PayPal at time of submission. Submission fee is non-refundable.
• Artist is responsible for covering all shipping costs for delivery and return of artwork.
• Art must be original and not a reproduction.
• Art dimensions should not exceed 48 inches in any direction.
• All art sent to Art Gym Denver un-framed or not ready to hang will be displayed with magnets on a steel plate.
• Artists must be a resident of the United States and be 18+ years old.
• Art Gym Denver will receive a 30% commission on all work sold.
• Accepted artwork may be refused last minute at Art Gym Denver’s discretion if unable to install or hang properly, or if art varies greatly from the submission image.
• Art Gym Denver is not responsible for any artwork damaged, broken, or stolen while on exhibit, in storage, or in transit to and from the exhibition.
• Art Gym recommends all artists carry insurance sufficient to cover the full replacement value of their artwork.